General Purchasing Procedures Policy
General Purchasing Procedures
All supplies, equipment and construction shall be purchased under a purchase order system following established procedures and regulations and complying with applicable state and federal laws and regulations of the Oklahoma State Department of Education.
General fund, building fund, bond fund, activity funds
- Request for expenditure of funds
(must be itemized, priced, vendor identified, shipping charges included)
- Receive approval for expenditures
- Encumbrance (P.O.) issued and dated
(must be itemized and priced)
- Purchase made
- Goods and services received and verified
(invoice or delivery ticket must be priced out and signed by person receiving goods)
- Verified and signed invoice delivered to superintendent’s office immediately
- Invoice processed for payment at next board meeting
- Payment made
Supplies and Equipment
Purchases under $25,000 may be authorized by the Superintendent. Expenditures less than $5,000 may be negotiated without written bids. Purchases of $5,001 to $25,000 require written bids from at least three vendors, if possible. Purchases in excess of $25,000 shall be approved by the Board of Education, upon receipt of sealed bids following appropriate bidding procedures, with the following exceptions.
- Emergencies authorized by the Superintendent
- School supplies, furniture and classroom equipment (including technology)
- Cafeteria groceries
Faced bids will be accepted as sealed bids if sent directly to the biding agent and placed by the agent in sealed envelope.
Public construction contracts—General requirements
- Unless otherwise provided by law, all public construction contracts exceeding fifty thousand dollars ($50,000) shall be let and awarded to the lowest responsible bidder by open competitive bidding after solicitation for sealed bids in accordance with the provisions of the Public Competitive Bidding Act of 1974. No work shall be recommended until a written contract is executed and all required bonds and insurance have provided by the contractor to the awarding public agency.
- Except as provided in subsection D of the section, public construction contracts less than fifty thousand dollars ($50,000) shall be let and awarded to the lowest responsible bidder by receipt of written bids. Now work shall commence until a written contract is executed and proof of insurance has been provided by the contractor to the awarding public agency.
- Except as provided in subsection D of this section, public construction contracts for less than two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500) for minor maintenance or minor repair work may be negotiated with a qualified contractor. No work shall be commenced until a written contract is executed and proof of insurance has been provided by the contractor to the awarding agency.
- Any expenditure exceeding fifty thousand dollars ($50,000) for making public improvement, constructing a building or making repairs shall require formal sealed bids and procedures as required by the Oklahoma Competitive Bidding Act. 61.O.S, --102, S.L.O. -953. Unless waived by the superintendent, the school architect shall prepare all bids specifications.
The provisions of this subsection shall apply to public construction for minor maintenance or minor repair work to public district property. Such public construction contracts for less than twenty-five thousand ($25,000) may be negotiated with a qualified contractor. Such public contracts equal to or greater but less than ($50,000) shall be let and awarded to the lowest responsible bidder by receipt of written bids. No work shall commence on any such public construction contract until a warren contract is executed of proof of insurance has been provide by the contractor to the awarding public agency. (61-103)